02 Framing and Composition


Rule of Thirds - I took this picture of a water spout by getting on the ground and taking the picture with an upward angle.

 
Leading Lines - This is a picture of lines in the stone plates in the ground that I have edited to have a bluish tint. It is focused on the middle of the lines captured and not the front or back which makes it interesting for the eye to follow.

Frame Within a Frame - This is a picture of the corner of a bike stand and you can see other bike stands from the inside of this one. It creates multiple frames that the eye follows in order. In this picture I changed the tint to sightly turquoise.

 
Bug's Eye View - This is a picture of tree bark taken with an upward angle. I took this picture from the ground looking upward. The focus is on the middle of the photo frame.

Filling The Frame - This is a picture of the leaves of a tree bu you can't see the whole tree, the image bleeds out of the frame making it filling the frame. In this picture i changed the exposure slightly.

Diagonals - This is a picture of the lines in the ground. They all intersect and interrupt the vertical and horizontal lines in the picture.

Close up - This is another picture of tree bark but this time zooming in very close. Unlike the picture above, you cannot see a lot of the tree just a small part.

Bird's Eye View - This picture is of some ground comer that I took from directly above the plant. I added some vignetting and a slightly greener tint. 

 
Leading Lines - This picture is of the inside of a gate with wires. it is focused on the middle of the frame which draws the eye throughout the picture.

 


Frame Within a Frame - This is a picture I took from inside a 3D letter 'e' looking at other letter e's in front of this one. I made the photo black and with and adjusted the exposure slightly. 

 

Leading Lines - This is a picture of part of the train tracks in the road. It goes on beyond the frame which causes the brain to wonder what happens next. I changed this photo to black and white which emphasizes the dramatic effect.

 

Leading Lines - This is a picture of a concrete fence with pretty columns/pillars. It's long and eventually you cannot see it in the frame anymore. The eye is led to follow the fence to the end of the picture frame. I turned this picture to black and white.

Comments

Popular Posts