Project 04: Contrast and Balance - Best


In this picture, I enhanced the highlights and then made the shadows more prominent. I also changed the tint of the picture to make it look more interesting. There is also a difference in texture seen in this image. The brick in the foreground has a rough texture and in the background, the texture appears more smooth.


This picture represents a contrast in shape. I enhanced the sharpness of the photo to see a bigger contrast in the geometric and organic shapes in the picture. The golden fountain itself and the silver spout both are geometric shapes and the frozen water takes an organic shape.


This is a picture representing a contrast in texture. Although hard to see, there is a contrast between the texture of the leaves and the grass that they are laying on. There is another kind of contrast seen in this picture: contrast in value. When editing this picture I enhanced the sharpness of the picture slightly to bring out the texture of the leaves. I also brought out the highlights and shadows in the picture to exaggerate the contrast in value.


This picture is an example of radial balance and contrast in value. The petals of the flower follow a circular pattern creating radial balance. When editing the picture I brought out the shadows and highlights to bring out the contrast in value between the petals and the background.


This picture is also an example of radial balance and contrast in value. The petals of the flower follow a circular pattern creating radial balance but these petals are a different color. When editing the picture I brought out the shadows and highlights to bring out the contrast in value between the petals and the background. I also enhanced the sharpness of the image to bring out the texture of the petals more.


This image is an example of symmetrical balance. It is part of a fountain and the way I took this picture both sides of the picture are nearly symmetrical. When editing this image I enhanced the sharpness of the image to bring out the texture of the gravel and enhanced the shadows and highlights to bring out the contrast between the rocks and the sky and trees in the background.


This is an image representing asymmetrical balance. The ivy is coming up about half way on the wall creating a satisfying look that pleases the eye. The image is not symmetrical but has balance.


This image represents contrast in texture. It is split nearly in half and one half has a rather smooth texture and it isn't very interesting to look at. The other half of the image has a very rough texture and catches the eye.


This is also an image representing the contrast in texture. You can see a clear difference between the texture of the wire of the fence and the texture of the shrubbery behind the wire. The background is out of focus but still has a different texture than the wire in the foreground.


This image is an example of contrast in value. The petals of the flower are contrasting to the background of the image which is very dark unlike the petal of the hydrangea which have a light value.


This image is an example of contrast in scale. The leaf in the foreground appears to be much bigger than the person's face that it is covering whereas in real life it is much smaller. When editing the image I enhanced the exposure and colors to make the subject pop more and exaggerate the contrast in scale.


This is a photo representing contrast in color. The hydrangea in the foreground is the subject of the photo but you can see yellow yellow leaves that have fallen from nearby plants. Purple and yellow are contrasting colors and this contrast is represented in this image. When editing this image i enhanced the brightness and color of the image to bring out all the colors and textures.


This is an example of radial balance. Although not exactly symmetrical you can see a recurring circular pattern in this succulent plant showing a pleasing balance to the eye. When editing the image I enhanced the colors in the image and sharpened the image slightly to even more bring out the texture of the plant.

Comments

Popular Posts